TODAY'S NOLA RECIPE!!!
Court of Two Sisters Chicken Salad!!!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted almond
- romaine lettuce or boston lettuce
In a large salad bowl blend together chicken, celery, onions, salt, lemon juice, and grapes. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Just prior to serving add mayonnaise, oranges, and almonds, tossing gently to avoid breaking the oranges.
Serve on leaves of Romaine or Boston lettuce or scoop generously into a avocado half.
Serves 4 large portions or 8 smaller ones.