Homemade Chicken and Noodles
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
4 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
6 egg whites
1 egg yolk
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons milk or 6 tablespoons water
salt and pepper
1 -2 cup flour (set aside to use while rolling out the noodles)
1. Put chicken breasts and water and salt and pepper in dutch oven/stew pot to boil.
2. (Continue to low boil until noodles are made).
3. Mix remaining ingredients (mixing by hand is the best way).
4. Add flour (if needed) until you get firm not hard ball.
5. Roll out on floured pastry sheet or where ever you roll out dough.
6. Keep flouring and flipping dough till you have the thickness you desire (I recommend 1/8 inch).
7. Flour flat dough then roll up.
8. Cut to thickness desired (I recommend 5/8-inch).
9. Before unrolling the strips, sprinkle flour on them, unroll them and add more flour mix them together, place noodles and all the flour in a bowl.
10. Let set.
11. Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into chunks or strips.
12. Add the canned broth to the water.
13. Bring to boil, add the noodles, remaining flour and the chicken to the pot stir well, bring to boil then simmer stirring often.
14. Done in about an hour.
15. Wonderful served over mashed potatoes.