Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
These Skinny Texas Cheese Fries are the perfect game day snack!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 3 lbs. red potatoes, cut into
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- sliced pickled jalapenos for garnish
- blue cheese dressing made with yogurt (store bought, usually in the section by the salad bags)
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a
baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss the potato wedges with the
olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a single layer,
flipping half way through. The potatoes should be cooked through and golden
brown on at least one side.
2. Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven for a minute or two, until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with turkey bacon, scallions, and pickled jalapenos. Serve with a side of blue cheese dressing. Serves 4 adults as a snack.