Click here for pdf file
White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
White Chicken Enchiladas make a meal
the whole family loves. This simple white chicken enchiladas recipe works great
as a make-ahead meal, too!
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- 8 (8-inch) tortillas
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs,
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
or chicken broth
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies with liquid
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or black pepper, if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with
nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and
place in pan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in flour and
cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until
smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and
stir in yogurt or sour cream, and chilies, including the liquid, cumin,
salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining
- Place in preheated oven and bake 25 minutes. Remove
from oven and serve.